Prospecting Project Lead
About Parkes Philanthropy
Parkes Philanthropy equips nonprofits, corporations, and individuals with the ideas, resources, and support they need to positively impact the world.
With over 90+ collective years of experience across the sector, our consultants bring a wealth of experience to our engagements — and have a commitment to doing things differently. We offer a fresh perspective and customized counsel that sparks innovative thinking, delivers adaptive solutions, and brings an unparalleled understanding of how to drive tangible change.
Parkes Philanthropy has been named a Top Standout Firm for 2022 by GrantsPlus and a 2023 Top Impact Award Winner by Real Leaders Magazine. Past partners include: Right to Play, Impact Hub NYC, Multiplying Good, Kids4Peace, Caring Across Generations, and more.
We are seeking a freelance Prospecting Project Lead to lead fundraising engagements with partners. You will be the primary client-facing Consultant on projects and responsible for managing the overall project timeline and ensuring the quality of deliverables.
Your primary focus will be on prospect research projects, where your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the prospect viability matrix to determine viability of prospects
- Interviewing and/or survey current donor ecosystem to identify motivations and affinity towards the partner nonprofit
- Managing and supporting the Project Consultant with prospect research, and ensuring quality of final prospects
- Ensuring final list includes 50-100 funders that reach the total pipeline value goal
In this role, you will work with 1-2 other Consultants on engagements with our partners to ensure the overall success of the project.
When you join Parkes Philanthropy as a Consultant, you will be a part of an empowered, enriched, and encouraged team which celebrates individual and team achievements. We operate as a collective, meaning that when you join the team you’ll be connected to projects and opportunities to leverage your expertise as you’re interested and available.
- Integrity: be consistent and true to our word and commitments
- Transparency: be honest and open
- Collaboration: work with a spirit of collective success, enthusiastically learning from one another; support one another internally and externally
- Connection: strive to connect one another with new individuals, organizations, and ideas to broaden and deepen our overall and individual impact
- Data-Driven: make decisions and recommendations based on proven best practices and credible data
- Outcomes oriented: set goals for measurable impact and work towards them
- Humility: be open minded and receptive to new ideas
- Innovation: seek out the newest and best practices; seek tirelessly to improve
Who You Are
- You are accountable. You follow through on commitments, meet deadlines, and manage your work responsibly and thoughtfully.
- You are collaborative. You give and receive both affirming and constructive feedback with a spirit of teamwork, striving for personal and collective excellence.
- You are people-oriented. You enjoy working with others and have a history of building successful relationships with colleagues and clients.
- You are analytical. You identify solutions, and execute strategic plans.
- You are adaptive. You learn and grow quickly.
- You are open minded. You run towards new ideas and consistently seek out innovative ways of doing things.
- 5+ years experience in fundraising
- 2+ year(s) consulting experience or equivalent client-facing experience
- Experience leading teams and/or managing direct reports to achieve goals
- Track record of successful, goal-driven non-profit fundraising at the six-figure level
- Demonstrated ability to form relationships with diverse groups of people, comfortable engaging with corporate and foundation donors
- Excellent writing skills, including development of compelling communications to engage donors and prospects
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills, including ability to plan, prioritize and manage a varied workload to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working on remote, asynchronous teams and using collaborative technology
How to Apply
Please complete the application form here and our team will be in touch.